The Flashover admin team is made up from firefighters from all over Australia – and we’re always looking to expand!
What we need is people spread out over the country who are in some form of firefighting role, be it volunteer or paid, who like to write and would love to join the team.
- The ability to string a sentence together! We’re not talking about writing War & Peace here, but being able to knock up an article within our CMS ready to be published is what we’re after
- An ability to track down leads and write up articles. This isn’t about writing about your own experiences. It’s about showcasing stories from around the country, not stuff from your own station and area.
- WordPress experience isn’t required, but it would sure help. The same with prior experience with writing blogs, posts or articles on social media. Prior experience is a big bonus!
- You’ll be doing it for the love! There’s no paycheck associated with Flashover, you’ll be writing because you love what you do and want to help promote the hard work that Australian firefighters undertake
- You need to share the same values as we do. We run this site to promote the work of Australian firefighters. You won’t find politically charged content, rumor milling or anything that promotes an “us vs them” mentality when it comes to the fire services across the country. This means highlighting excellent work being carried out by any fire service, regardless of how their workforce is made up
Your name and the service you work/volunteer for will not be attributed to the content you post.
We do this for a number of reasons, but mainly for protecting our writers from being “associated” with a service and the content on Flashover. The opinions and content posted on Flashover are those of the writers and aren’t reflective of the services we belong to – keeping the names of the authors off the posts adds a little extra protection. We may look at changing this in the future, but for now all content is posted by “Flashover”.
Permission and Credit
Every single article posted on Flashover is done so with the permission of the original content posters. This means that for something to appear on our website, contact needs to be first made to obtain permission to re-use images and content. We’re not in the business of ripping off photos and using them without permission.
This is a time consuming process, but it’s something we pride ourselves on.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in doing, we’d love to hear from you!
The easiest way to get in touch with us is via Facebook. You can browse to our page by using the embed below, or click the “Send Message” button.
Thanks for your interest and stay safe.
Give a little kindness this Christmas. Veggie Adventures offers vegan friendly gifts for men & women. Shoes & thongs, bags and wallets – all ethically made, cruelty free!