This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
The Happy Chef Chinese restaurant in King St Newtown went up in flames on Saturday the 24th of November. Firefighters were faced with difficult conditions, including wall collapses and 3 firies were hospitalised with non life threatening injuries due to falling debris.
Speedy recovery to those injuries firies! Several businesses remain closed as a result of the fire.
Appliance in attendance
- Pumper 5 (Newtown)
- CAFS Pumper 18 (Glebe)
- HAZMAT Pumper 13 (Alexandria)
- Pumper 28 (Marrickville)
- Pumper 22 (Leichhardt)
- Pumper 10 (Redfern)
- Rescue Pumper 1 (City of Sydney)
- Pumper 4 (Darlinghurst)
- Pumper 26 (Mascot)
- Heavy Rescue 1 (City of Sydney)
- Heavy HazMat 13 (Alexandria)
- Ladders 18 (Glebe)
- Ladder Platform 1 (City of Sydney)
- Ladder Platform 4 (Darlinghurst)
- Logistic Support Vehicle 1 (City of Sydney)
- Mobile Command Centre Alpha (Alexandria)
- Duty Commander Inner West (Ashfield)
- Duty Commander City (City of Sydney)
- Duty Commander Georges River (Kogarah)
- Zone Commander South West (On Call 1)
Photos: Martin Grant
Hey, are you a firefighter and interested in going to AFAC 2019?
There's free tickets available here!