Photos: US Appliance burns down inside station
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Fairfax County Fire Station lost one of their appliances to fire – whilst in the engine bay! It is believed to have been started by an electrical fault. Firefighters who were sleeping in the station at the time woke up to the smoke alarms going off, then found their rescue appliance fully alight in the engine bay.
Crews were able to remove other appliances and equipment whilst attacking the fire, which ended up at a second alarm.
Photos: Debi from “Wes’ sister on fire“.
More information and photos can be found here.
I founded Flashover to promote Australian Firefighting. I’ve been a volunteer and a paid firefighter but now I spend my time chasing up leads, promoting good mental health and making the occasional Grumpy Firecom comic!