Photos: Brand new appliance for Narre Warren CFA Brigade
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
With a station that houses over 50 operational firefighters and attends over 800 calls a year, Narre Warren from the CFA has just welcomed a brand new appliance. Replacing their old type 3 medium pumper which has served in the station for over 13 years, this new pumper is sure to get a workout.
Narre Warren also run a unique rostering system, given the number of calls they attend as a volunteer station. Employing a “Platoon system for night calls between 2200 and 0600, then a daytime availability roster”
It’s unique here in Victoria, too. We’re always looking at ways we can be innovative. It’s all about delivering the level of service our community deserves and expects. Our recruitment campaigns in recent years have focussed on residents who live within 4 minutes of the station.
Here’s what the new appliance is packing:
• Scania CP28 Crew-cab, 280hp, 6 speed Alison automatic transmission, incorporates 2 x SEM BA Seats in the rear cabin.
• Normal pressure pump, Godiva Prima 1, rated at 4000lpm @ 1000kpa, with automatic priming.
• 2500 Litre Water Tank.
• 300 Litre “B” Class Foam Concentrate Tank.
• Post pump “B” Class Foam injection via a CTD Cameleon 36L, to the 2 x 65mm forward deliveries.
• Large LED water tank level indicators situated on the sides of body towards the rear and at pump panel.
• LED Light Mast located in the body towards the rear offside and operated from pump panel.
• Arion 9 metre triple extension ladder, with lifting handles, fitted flat on a “Rapidstow max” Gantry.
• Fold out rear lockers, roll out pump set and fold away deliveries for improved DMO access.
• All body lighting is of an LED type including internal locker lighting. Warning systems and conspicuity
• Inclusion of state of the art fully synchronised, Code 3 – 2700 Mini Bars and Hazard Lights System.
• Truck will oscillate between red & blue.
• The siren/rumbler system is a Code 3 – “Banshee System”.
• Vehicle is outlined in 25mm & 50mm diamond grade Lime conspicuity tape.
• 150mm high “FIRE” signage in lime green, diamond grade reflective lettering, has been placed on the sides of the front doors.
• Cab & body to have 200mm Lime/Red Chequer diamond grade reflective conspicuity tape.
• Rear body has Lime/Red Reflective Chevron tape approx. 100mm wide diagonal downwards from the vehicle centreline.
Their facebook page can be found here!
I founded Flashover to promote Australian Firefighting. I’ve been a volunteer and a paid firefighter but now I spend my time chasing up leads, promoting good mental health and making the occasional Grumpy Firecom comic!