On Scene: Exhaust fire causes chicken shop closure

Aerial Pumper at work
Like this post? Share it!

This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.

Inspecting the ducting

Fire & Rescue 032 station got in touch with us after attending a fire in an external exhaust flue at a chicken shop. No chickens were harmed in the process of extinguishing.

This evening we had a small fire in the exhaust flue at Paradise Charcoal Chicken.

It appears that some oil from the cooking had accumulated at a join in the ducting & due to the excessive heat from the charcoal, ignited within the exhaust ducting.

The fire traveled up to the top of the exhaust where flames were visible from North Parade. Lots of people called 000 to notify us & due to the number of calls,

Thermal Imaging Camera in use

numerous fire trucks were dispatched. We called for an Aerial Pumper to assist with the higher sections of the chimney.

 

The fire was quickly extinguished once access was gained to the hot ducting but it appears that Paradise Charcoal Chicken will be closed for a day or two while they repair the damage.

In attendance were : Mount Druitt Fire Station, St Marys Fire and Rescue,78 Ropes Crossing Fire Station, Huntingwood Fire Station, Fire Rescue NSW Metro

West 1

Aerial Pumper at work




Like this post? Share it!

Deano

I founded Flashover to promote Australian Firefighting. I've been a volunteer and a paid firefighter but now I spend my time chasing up leads, promoting good mental health and making the occasional Grumpy Firecom comic!

You may also like...

Leave a Reply