Moorebank Factory Fire reaches 10th alarm in Sydney
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
A fire has torn through a Sydney factory at around 2pm. Crews were responded to the Baker & Co factory on Yulong Close in Moorebank and got to work on a rapidly escalating fire. The incident ended up at a 10th alarm, bringing over 120 firies from around the greater Sydney area.
In true Sydney style, the incident absolutely crippled surrounding roads – with traffic banked up over 12km in the nearby m5 motorway. Homes and businesses were evacuated as the toxic smoke threatened schools and residents.
Baker and Co Ingredients is a supplier, who specialises in tasty filo pastry.
Check out these unreal photos from renowned fire photographer Martin Grant.
Nearly 100 homes were also evacuated as a precaution and large exclusion zones were put in place. You can see just how close it got in the video below.
Check out the impressive ticket for the job!
- Rescue Pumper 8 (Liverpool)
- Aerial Pumper 47 (Revesby)
- CAFS Pumper 31 (Busby)
- CAFS Pumper 41 (Smithfield)
- Pumper 49 (Cabramatta)
- Pumper 7 (Horningsea Park)
- Pumper 84 (Macquarie Fields)
- HazMat Pumper 85 (Chester Hill Rescue
- Pumper 62 (Bankstown)
- Aerial Pumper 92 (St Andrews)
- Pumper 73 (Yennora)
- Pumper 48 (Mortdale)
- Pumper 55 (Guilford)
- CAFS Pumper 30 (Lidcombe)
- Pumper 34 (Riverwood)
- HazMat Pumper 87 (Rosemeadow)
- Rescue Pumper 20 (Hurstville)
- Pumper 88 (Campbelltown)
- Rescue Pumper 57 (Wentworthville)
- Pumper 22 (Liechhardt)
- Pumper 52 (Campsie)
- Pumper 29 (Arncliffe)
- Pumper 72 (Merrylands)
- Pumper 27 (Parramatta)
- HazMat Pumper 51 (Forestville)
- Tanker 84 (Ingleburn)
- CAFS Tanker 92 (St Andrews)
- Bulk CAFS Tanker 50 (Hornsby)
- Technical Rescue 8 (Liverpool)
- Heavy HazMat 85 (Chester Hill)
- Ladder Platform 21 (Kogarah)
- Ladder Platform 27 (Parramatta)
- Logistic Support Vehicle 1 (City of Sydney)
- Rehab Alpha (Greenacre)
- Mobile Command Centre Alpha (Alexandria)
- Duty Commander South West (St Andrews)
- Duty Commander Georges River (Kogarah)
- Duty Commander West (Huntingwood)
- Zone Commander South West (St Andrews)
- Area Commander Metropolitan South
- Assistant Commissioner of Metropolitan Operations
- RPAS (Drone) Unit
I founded Flashover to promote Australian Firefighting. I’ve been a volunteer and a paid firefighter but now I spend my time chasing up leads, promoting good mental health and making the occasional Grumpy Firecom comic!