On arrival, crews established that a large amount of chlorine and hydrochloric acid had been accidentally mixed together and found a number of hotel guests affected.
These jobs are the ones dreams are made of. On the 14th of December 2017 as the day began to warm up to a nice balmy 36 degrees in Sydney, a Transit Van was driving on Boundary Road in Peakhurst NSW when it stopped for the lights on an uphill slope. As the driver took off, the pallet that had a single 1000L bag of cream sitting on it broke free and burst out the back doors of the van.
Crews from 462 Mayfield West and 357 Lambton Fire & Rescue NSW were responded to reports of a building fire and on arrival, found a recycling compound with heavy smoke and fire showing. Initially crews were hampered by multiple locked gates and had to force entry to begin fire operations.
Watch as the giant MFB Control 1A turns out for a 2nd alarm HAZMAT incident on the Monash Freeway. Looks like it would be a bit of a handful to respond that through the city!
This is a new one, we’ve seen plenty of drones used for video and scanning purposes, but what about attaching a gas detector? Alameda County Fire Department in the states recently gave it a try and by the looks of it, it worked pretty well!
First arriving crews requested additional HAZMAT resources which had to be rotated throughout the incident, which lasted nearly 18 hours. Brigades carried out decontamination of …